• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

90hp supercub

mkrier

Reaction score
i have a 1949 90hp supercub for sale. this cub has had a extensive ground up restoration, new wings, lift struts, glass, landing gear, and the list goes on and on there wasn' t nothing that was not touched. the 90-8-f was 0-timed then to same kind of thing new cylinder kits and list goes on. i have 125hrs on it since that time. if somebody is looking for like new cub that flies as nice as it looks call me 620-635-2151. Marc

couleeone

Reaction score
How about posting some pics and asking price range? What is the max gross weight and empty weight?

Geo

mkrier

Reaction score
the 90hp supercub has a gross weight of 1500#. i will try and get some pictures of the cub up on the site. i tried to keep the cub as original as i could it is cub yellow with i hickory brown stripe and interior. the interior is airtex and the cover process is superflite. is still has the original interments that i had keystone overhaul.

mkrier

Reaction score
i would take a nice clip-wing or project in partial trade and $$. this a very nice cub. if somebody wants get serius about a price e-mail me. marc

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Marc, you probably have a real nice airplane for sale. However, many of us have learned that when someone advertises an airplane, or a car, or other valuable item and is not willing to name a price, either the person wants top money and doesn't want to chase folks away, or they have not really made up their mind to sell the item. On the antique car website that I run, I will not post an ad without a price. I end up taking the heat, and all too often the owner really isn't ready to sell. A person trying to sell has to bite the bullet and decide what price they will accept. Ask a little more if you want; most folks do. You can always lower the price. The second issue this day and age is that without at least one picture, it is difficult to get much interest. It is very easy to upload a picture with your post on this website. Far easier than most. If you have a picture, preferably not too large and it can't be over 500kb in file size, you can post it by clicking on "additional options" at the bottom of the message page, and then where it says "browse" look for the picture you want on your own computer and click on it.
Also remember there are but a few hundred members on this site; it is mostly J3 types of aircraft. As much as I would like a SuperCub, that is not possible. You would have a huge audience on Trade-A-Plane, and also a lot more folks interested in SuperCubs on supercub.org. Perhaps you have already advertised there. Good luck in your sale or trade. I hope this post is helpful.
Happy New Year's resolution, J3-Cub posters.
Chuck Shaw

Shade3126

Reaction score
I am glad I was not the only one to notice the lack of an answer to the price question. I am in the market for a 85hp Cub so this would fit my bill but I won't get the least bit interested until I know that we are at least in the same state price wise.

Speaking of advertising, I recently saw an ad for a PA-11. When you search the FAA registry the aircraft is a J-3. It appears to have been modified with enclosed cowl and wing tanks- Does that make it a legitimate PA-11 or a J-3 with mods, and does it make any difference? I know 7AC Champs can be upgraded to later models by complicance with Aeronca Service Letters.

gbflyer

Reaction score
Shade,

J3C-65's are eligible to change to PA-11 configuration via STC. If the paperwork is straight on the one you're looking at, then it's OK.

gb

WWhunter

Reaction score
I agree on the subject of posting a price. I hate wasting time asking someone what they are wanting and then usually finding they are on the high side of average. I have been looking at an Aeronce Sedan a guy recently restored and he has over $103,000 invested in it. He has had it for sale for a while hoping he will get SOME of his money back. He has been asked by people what he wants on line and never answers, instead always says what a great plane he has. But he finally told me via email. He is ASKING double what the plane is actually worth on the market for those planes.
As a side note....I have seen several 90HP Super Cubs for sale and for some reason they don't sell very well...why is that?

Latest posts