• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Restoration of a 1944 Piper L-4H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De rode ridder

Reaction score
Hi all,

I start a new topic to document my restoration of a 1944 L4H. I bought the aircraft in a to be restored state with a lot of work and parts missing.

First of all, I want to give a lot of credit to Anthony H. who did a lot of work prior to the sale of this aircraft. He really did a lot of effort to bring the aircraft back to WW2 Stock standard. If you are reading this, I hope you reply to my messages or email. I hope I can continue with the same amount of precision and authenticity. Well done and I would really like to talk to you about the how and why things went that way.

I will try to make a regular post. Presently I am trying to figure out how to proceed. I have done a lot of research but I am still uncertain how to start when it comes to picking the right civil aviation authority with all its legal requirements.
The aircraft is restored in Germany, I am Belgian and it is registered in the UK. I have connections with an FAA A&P and IA in Belgium who already stated that he would like to do the oversight and the inspections. My best option till now is to go the FAA way.

The UK has the LAA but no inspectors in Germany. (new parts are almost a no go as that would mean a rebuilt)
Germany requires a LTB (technical approved organisation doing the oversight)

Anybody who can comment?

Regards,

Latest posts

Back