• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Question about 337s and FAA records

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTx

Reaction score
I'll be checking out a PA11 soon. I sent for all the aircraft records of this plane via the FAA and got them in a few days ago. Are these all the records that have been filed or can some be missing? I could not find a 337 for fabric recovery, although one of the owners at one time (1989) filed a "triennial aircraft registration report" for "cancellation of registration requested" with the following note: Aircraft being recovered. Current owner doesn't know i have these records yet, but he told me that plane was last recovered about 12 years ago or so. So i'm just wondering why I don't see this anywhere in the records except for the one in 1989.

Also, owner told me engine time was about 300smoh and I'm wondering why I don't see any information in the records about a "new engine" as I'm pretty sure time would be more than that since 1947.

I don't want to tick off the seller by making claims about missing paperwork, etc, so any comments about how detailed the paperwork from the FAA should be?

Latest posts

Back