• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Primer not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtheari

Reaction score
I’ve had some issues with the primer lately and I’m wondering if anyone has ideas about how to diagnose or repair it. The primer did not work one day, as in it gave no resistance when pushing it in which made me think no gas was draining into it. The tank had maybe 4 gallons at the time. I added gas and then it worked.

Today, same story, except even with the tank full it did not want to get any gas to the engine through the primer. So I am thinking it is a bad internal seal or a plugged up line. I don’t know much about how the primer actually works, though.

Also, any tips on starting the Cub when you can’t prime it?

Thanks in advance. I hope everyone has flown their cubs today!

Back