• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Continental engine on a Franklin TC Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimbagin

Reaction score
Hello from a new member,

I am located in Europe and looking for a Cub for a while now..
There is an offer for a J-3, which have C-85 fitted to it. Aircraft is on FAA experimental certificate.
My guess is: it is this way because originally it was a J-3F-60 Cub. (That is what on it it´s dataplate)
I only have limited paperwork to review and trying to determine if a long trip to visit the aircraft is worth it, as there aren´t many Cubs in Europe for sale.
So the question is: how much effort is it to get a proper paperwork for this aircraft? I´ve heard about STC for this problem.
Not afraid of mechanical work but dealing with paper and especially FAA DAR´s here is extremely expensive.
I would let with the FAA registration, however I must addditionaly apply for a special permit with my authority every year if it´s experimental - I don´t want this.

Thanks for any advise!

Greetings from Germany

Latest posts

Back