• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

PA-11 fuel system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
Help? There is an Ellis J3 Cub in my future. It has been flying for over a decade with two wing tanks and no header tank. I am going to need a field approval.

Best ammunition is that it has been trouble-free, except for a couple tank leaks. But I think I will need some sort of backup info - like does the 11 have a header tank? Or should I look into the Biplanes STC and see if we are close? Or the Super Cub setup, which uses the same idea, I think. (The Atlee STC).

I checked with Biplanes ten years ago - at that time they had no STC for a system without the nose tank - but since then they have gained an approval. Not sure it applies here; one tank is a Piper 18 gal, the other an Air Energy 11 gal. Paperwork says they are both 18 gal.

Thanks! Bob

Latest posts

Back