• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

kasola seat belt install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
here are some pix of how the $$$ Kasola seat and shoulder belt installed looks on NC55100. I waivered between Kasola and some home-brew, but the Kasola is definitely "engineered." It is a single over the shoulder intertial reel strap for the rear seat. I've tested it and it does let you get to the carb heat and fuel off on just fine. It makes a clean looking installation. I don't think it would be as good as a double shoulder arrangement, in a bad accident, but given the confines of the cub cabin and trying to limit straps hanging all about, It seems to be a reasonable compromise. Unfortunately, to install the forward shoulder strap, I'll Have to do a little cutting on my nice yellow interior at the tube junction above and to the left and rear of the front seater. The only complaint I have about the Kasola is that the install instructions are non-existent beyond a few generic notes on a very generic blue print. It does leave one to ponder a lot and measure two or, even three times before doing anything. If Kasola were to have supplied a a few photographs, and some more description (wouldn't cost much) it'd be a lot better for the first time installer. I'll send them a not in that regard.

Just another note. I don't kow how a person would do the Kasola install of the shoulder straps front or rear on a completed airplane without major and possibly ugly surgery. But then, I'm doing this whole J3 rebuild for the very first time. I'm sure old timer's can figure out how to make cuts and patches disappear even on completed airplanes. I wouldn't personally like having to do it to a fresh airplane.

MVC-031S.JPG

MVC-036S.JPG

MVC-037S.JPG

MVC-039S.JPG

MVC-031S.JPG

MVC-036S.JPG

MVC-037S.JPG

MVC-039S.JPG

MVC-031S.JPG

MVC-036S.JPG

MVC-037S.JPG

MVC-039S.JPG