• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J3 Shoulder Harnesses.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezflyr

Reaction score
Hi All,

For a variety of reasons I haven't gotten around to installing shoulder harnesses in my '46 J3, but after 3 years of ownership, now is the time! I know this subject has been beaten to death here on the J3-Cub forum - and I've read all the old threads! - but, I'm hoping that some of you folks that have been down this road might opine on my plans. These are the components I'm planning to order/install:

Atlee-Dodge Mounting Brackets:

Rear: Piper Clamp On Rear Shoulder Harness Attach Bracket – F. Atlee Dodge
Front: Piper Clamp On Front Shoulder Harness Attach Bracket – F. Atlee Dodge

Wag-Aero Belts/Harnesses:

Rear: Wag-Aero Piper J-3, PA-11 Seat Belt, Harness Kit, rear - Piper Kits - Seat Belt/Harness Kits - SEAT BELTS & HARNESSES
Front: Wag-Aero Piper J-3, PA-11 Seat Belt, Harness Kit, front - Piper Kits - Seat Belt/Harness Kits - SEAT BELTS & HARNESSES

I'm based up in the Boston area, and haven't really found an A&P that is knowledgeable about and specializes in the J3, so I'm pretty much directing this effort with the help of a 'general purpose' A&P.

All comments/thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Latest posts

Back