• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Is the price of fuel really killing GA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubrath

Reaction score
The high cost of 100LL have prevented the large turn outs they once had.

Is the price of fuel really that big of an excuse not to fly? I am on the airport board and we always have someone coming in wanting auto gas sold (for the same price as Safeway) on the field so they can afford to fly more. Most of these guys fly around 10 hours a year.

I have two airplanes, a J-3 of course and a Comanche 250. Between the two I fly about 100 hours a year and I have to say that by far the cheapest thing I pay for is fuel. Seems to me that guys will spend 20K on a new avionics but then they complain that fuel costs $6 and they can't afford to fly.

Don't get me wrong, if fuel was $2 a gallon I would fly even more but those days are over with. If you can afford to have an airplane it seems to me that you should be able to feed one. If not maybe its time to move on to a different hobby.

Latest posts

Back