• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Hero's Aviation wing tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I took the plunge and bought one of these new Hero's Aviation wing tanks. The company started advertising these last year, showed them at Sun-n-Fun and on the airshow circut a bit. I decided to have one installed on my L-4 while it is being restored.
The tank arrived yesterday and according to my mechanic, it is beautiful. It looks nicely made and will go into the left wing (wood spars).
I enclosed a few pictures (hopefully they will load). I will try to post updates as I know a number of folks are interrested in how this new tank will go in and look. This is the Clarence Witte tank, which has been re manufactured with some new welds, etc.
What is in the picture is a 11.5 gal left wing tank, and it will feed into the main 12 gal tank in the nose. I have to admit, I am not the one doing the instillation, so if someone has any technical questions, it will probably take a few days before can get an answer, as I will have to ask the guy doing my restoration (he is in California, I am in Europe).
I have seen a number of names associated with the guys who build the tank: Hero's Aviation, Scootair, Biplane Investments.

Jon

Fuel Tank and STC.JPG

Inboard side.JPG

Bottom.JPG

Fuel Tank and STC.JPG

Inboard side.JPG

Bottom.JPG

Back