• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Undocumented Used Wing Tanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two gas tanks that came out of my Cub project. There is no paperwork with them (and no documentation about their installation in my plane.) They appear to be Wag Aero 8 gal tanks based on pictures and comments from local Cub folks. These tanks sat empty in the airframe in the elements for 13 years. Water apparently condensed in the rear outboard corner of the right tank and the rear inboard corner of the left tank. That caused corrosion and small holes in those locations. Welders I talked to said it is repairable. If I repaired them, I would have to get a field approval for their installation to make the restoration legal and that would require better identification of the tank origins. Meanwhile I came across an 11 gal Witte tank new in the box with STC documentation. I went with the Witte.

I have pictures available on request including bore scope photos of the corrosion inside. E-mail is [email protected] .

So now I have two tanks that I don’t need but someone could probably use. They’re in Ramona, CA and I have no intention of paying to ship them to somewhere. Other than that, I’m open to suggestions for a new home for them. Make me an offer.

Latest posts

Back