• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub Trainer/ Cub Sport?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesjackson737

Reaction score
In researching my airplane that I inherited from my late Grandfather a 1941 J3F-65 I've been trying to determine how exactly the aircraft was configured when it left the factory. It seems that early J3s where branded as Cub Trainer or Cub Sport. Was this simply a marketing thing, or were there actual differences between these two models?

And what way if any would you be able to determine which the aircraft was when it was new?

I've contacted Clyde Smith regarding the aircraft build sheet, but I'm not sure that this information would be included.

Thanks all,

James

8168091098_3b5fcdf797_o.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

Latest posts

Back