• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub Specific GoPro Mount Announcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted2climbing

Reaction score
Hello All,

A month or so back, I reached out to this group to see if anyone would send me a section of J3 Strut. Bob Turner was gracious enough to send me a piece and I was able to build a configuration of my GoPro strut mount and tailor fit it to the J3 Strut. It also happens to fit the Champ as well as they appear to use the same strut section. The mount is machined from a custom piece of 6061-T6 Extrusion I designed. I sell many variations of this mount to fit a variety of aircraft. I also designed a proprietary version for Cubcrafters that they sell for their Carbon Cub. Steven Young has posted quite a few videos on here using my Carbon Cub version as well. The mount contacts the strut at tangent points (see orange rubber pieces in photo) in such a way that it will fit a variety of leading edge shapes and sizes. Also with the contact points being rubber it is non marring to the strut and also helps isolate some of the airframe vibrations. In the Carbon Cub version I add a second machined piece to act as a rear clamp and 2 straps in opposition to one another; however the Chord length on the J3 strut is too short for that design to work. Instead I use a rubber contact Bund that is attached to the strap that grips the trailing edge and does not allow the mount to rotate.

I have attached a few photos of the mount on a static piece of strut. I also included pics of a prototype mount that will be available soon on a Taylorcraft to give an idea of how the strap and bund work. The prototype version available soon also fits the supercub, Legend cub, short wing pipers and many others. Anyone interested in a mount for something other than a cub please PM me as I have many iterations and have yet to find a plane I was unable to fit.

I am unsure if product announcements are allowed on here so I will not mention a price at this time. If people object to these sort of posts, then PM me for more info. If not, I will add more info in a another post. I am a student pilot and one man operation, and sales from these products are helping to offset he costs to get to my PPL.

Take care,

Marc Webster
Cloudbase Engineering LLC

J3 - 1.jpg

J3 - 2.jpg

j3 - 4.jpg

J3 - 5.jpg

J3 - 3.jpg

Tcart 1.jpg

Tcart 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts