• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

contacting the holders of the J-5, PA-12 Type certificates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hi All,

Some four years ago I bought Piper J-5A N62173 (serial #5-104) and shipped it - as a project - to South Africa. I finished the rebuild in April 2006 and have been fighting with our CAA (equivalent of your FAA) ever since to get it registered and flying. Although there are a number of PA-12s in South Africa, this is the first J-5, and they have different type certificates, so I have all the first of type hurdles. The TCs were sold to a corporation called FS 2001 Corp in Washington state, but neither Piper nor the FAA have current contact info for this outfit and no online directories list them. Does anyone on here know the current situation with FS 2001 Corp or TCDS A.725?

It does not help that it now has an O-235 C1 engine, a pressure cowl and PA-12 wings and lift struts!

Latest posts

Back