• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J-5 wing strut attach bolt questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingWrench

Reaction score
Has anyone used the bolt kit referenced in Piper SB 1172A for the J-5? It is not listed nor is the PA-12. The bolts attaching the Univair sealed struts are long and I see it could potentially be an issue on a hard landing. A friend with a SC pointed it out to me and I have been looking at other Pipers( J-3's, SC's, etc.) since and do see the short bolt installed rather than the longer AN bolts. I see Univair wants $100 for the bolt kit for the SCs.
They are -6's (AN 6-12s) on the HD forks now. The Piper service manual calls out AN hardware for the old style struts on the J-5.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Back