• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Clipped Wing Cub aerobatics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Reaction score
For those of you out there with a Clipped Wing Cub wondering just what kind of aerobatics you can actually do with one I have an old airshow video up that I flew with the Krier Clipped Wing Cub. It is a home video shot by an airshow spectator so the quality is rather poor but at that time I was flying so much I really didn't think about having a professional video done. I have heard that some think the Krier Cub had a Taylorcraft wing and that is not true. It is based on the Reed conversion with the old flat bottomed Cub wing and it is powered with an O-200 with high compression pistons. I don't want anyone to try to duplicate anything seen in the video as this low level aerobatic routine really stressed the airplane and there is little room structurally for error. I was an experienced aerobatic pilot at the time of this filming with an unlimited low altitude aerobatic waiver and I personally restored this airplane and rebuilt the engine. I knew it was structurally sound so I had no problems with the G loads imposed by this sequence. Many of the multiple snap rolls both inside and outside were done at entry speeds near red line. This should give everyone out there doing loops and rolls with their Cubs a better feeling for the margin of safety you have provided the airplane structure is sound. You can see the video at http://youtu.be/diVxtsc_IEM or type in Todd Peterson aerobatics with the Krier Cub on youtube.

Latest posts

Back