• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Clipped Cub Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIMKOVACH

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm restoring Clipped Cub N66499. I'm VERY new to this site and have a few questions. Hope y'all can help.....

(1) - We are wanting to put an 85 Continental in it. Can anyone tell me which metal props are appropriate and which document says so?

(2) - I recall that International Aerobatic Club rules require two sets of harnesses (seat belt system) attached at two different locations in order for the airplane to participate in IAC sanctioned contests. Can anyone tell me if there is an approved attachment method for the additional belts and which document says so? The fuselage has been sand blasted and primed and if there is any welding to be done, now would be a great time as the finish color has not yet been sprayed on the fuselage tubing.

(3) - Does anyone know of any wing leading edges that are made from harder material (6061-T6 or 2024 T3) than the rather soft aluminum that was originally used? This will be a really nice airplane when done. The stock Piper leading edges seem to dent soooooo easily and I'm wanting to get away from that.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Thanks! Kim

Latest posts

Back