• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New J3 project-bird cage, seatbelt clip, and door questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertc

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to be starting a J3 project in about ten days, so I have some questions. I have searched previous threads for other questions I had and found some answers.
Here are three questions I have:
1. The lower door is thrashed and I am looking to rebuild it(hired welder) or buy. Univair says their door only fits their fuselage, that leaves Wag Aero. I know that some on this site don't care for the fit of some of their products, has anyone tried their doors? Are there other sources? I feel with a hired welder I may have as much or more invested in building one.
2. This Cub has apparently been on it's back multiple times, so the birdcage is toast. Univair, $$$$, have welder build with jig, or Wag. Has anyone used Wag's birdcage?
3. The clips that are used for the rear seatbelt attach look suspect. What can be used to replace them? Is is OK to make your own? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back