• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1946 Aeronca Champ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
Hey there folks, I recently bought a champ from a guy in mass. that was supposed to be a pretty simple finish job...paint stripes,assemble,etc....the seller lied,lol.:mad: It does have new ceconite but parts of it is less then average quality craftsmanship and a couple of spots are just plain terrible. The fuselage us okay but will need a little clean up. The wings should probably be redone altogether. The fuselage is far from show quality but is decent quality and would finish out nice with minimal tlc in a couple of selected spots. Aside from the ones installed in the pics, I have a new cowling assembly, a really nice used cowling assembly, and a bunch of other spare parts. It would make a nice easy winter project for someone with the ability to do a little paint & fabric work.

The wings are the worst. They might be flyable the way they are for someone who can overlook the ugly, but I would never install something with fabric that looks the way this one does without at least repairing the worst spots, it would simply drive me nuts!!!! (see pics)

I have two engine options for the airplane. The one currently installed is an A65-8F with 1300 since major overhaul, total time is unknown. The engine fires right up, great oil pressure, and runs great. The other is an A65-8(taper shaft) with a little over 150 since major overhaul and 900 total time but the last overhaul was done in the 1960's. It was running perfectly last spring when removed for 85hp upgrade and was using some oil.

I'm asking $15,000 or best offer. Will consider all reasonable offers and consider trades on about anything. I bought this airplane with intentions of painting the stripes,assembling, and selling or leasing to a flight school for LSA & tailwheel training, but the guy who sold it to me turned out to be a fine example of dishonesty that is unfortunatly starting to become a growing problem in our aviation community. Thanks, Kev 606-359-2557

P.S. That is not overspray on the floorboards & side panels, its just dust.

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

059.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back