• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A65-8 overhaul question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
Im overhauling a pair of A65 engines and I have an issue with one of them. Both of the front(short) thru studs that are positioned on the forward side of the front main have minor corrosion showing on them. One is just a dark stain, the other has one small very small pit right in the middle of the stained area. I replaced all the long thru studs but I can't find the two short ones anywhere. Does anyone has any suggestions where to find them? I hate to do a major and reuse thru studs even when they look perfect. I know the old ones will probably be fine if there's no corrosion and the corrosion on these are minor but corrosion is corrosion and it has to create a weeks spot on a part where you don't want weak spots,lol. If someone has a coupe of used ones in very good condition I would consider using them if I can't find new ones. Thanks, Kev

P.S. I also have a very nice taper shaft crank for sale if anyone is interested. However it has just been turned 20/20 undersized. Everything else looks perfect, straight and true. 980 hours total time on it. I was turned down that much due to being out of round. It's not yellow tagged, it was turned by my cousin who is an IA and owns a very well known machine shop that specializing in building race engines for ARCA trucks(NASCAR truck series). I'm open to offers and money back if it isn't what I say it is.

Latest posts

Back