• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Wooden Ribs & Spars

Anyone need a wooden aircraft mechanic?

• Do you need wooden ribs

• Do you need wooden spars

Results are only viewable after voting.

woodribguy

Reaction score
To All,

I see this question all the time, WHERE CAN I FIND A WOODEN RIB, OR WOODEN WING SPARS? I have the answer for you...

I'm Certified FAA Airframe Mechanic building wooden wing ribs, spars, etc. for any type of aircraft that utilizes wood. Specializes in J-3 & piper series aircraft, tailorcraft, waco, mostly homebuilt or replica aircraft.

My story & experience. I grew up in a flying family, both parents were pilots, Father was also a commercial pilot and A & P. I joined the military served 8 years as a helicopter mechanic & crewchief, got out, worked as an airframe mechanic in Alaska in my families business. I started a Construction Company and retired after 20 years. I'm 46 years old now and decided to go into the worked I loved, building, repairing & working on airplanes. I combined my experience as a finish carpenter working with wood and as a airframe mechanic and the result is a rare craft, a rare breed as a aviation mechanic that works with wood... I love it. I've helped build many parts and pieces of many types of aircraft. business is good.

So if you have a project Let me do the hard work for you, only need copy of your plans, spec sheets, etc. I will build part, piece or whole, your material or mine. Attention to detail is our specialty. I have a full shop, wood steamer so we can do almost any shape or size. We can work out prices and material to keep your cost down. Let me know what I can do for you.

Sincerely & Happy Building,
Mike Robinson
[email protected]

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know that you are continuing the aircraft woodworking art, Mike. There aren't that many artisans of an old craft left.

woodribguy

Reaction score
I'm located in Tacoma Washington. Just moved here in June when I sold out my construction business. I see you have some wood spar wings for sale. Do they need redone? or are they ready to cover?

Latest posts