• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wooden Ribs & Spars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone need a wooden aircraft mechanic?

• Do you need wooden ribs

• Do you need wooden spars

Results are only viewable after voting.

woodribguy

Reaction score
To All,

I see this question all the time, WHERE CAN I FIND A WOODEN RIB, OR WOODEN WING SPARS? I have the answer for you...

I'm Certified FAA Airframe Mechanic building wooden wing ribs, spars, etc. for any type of aircraft that utilizes wood. Specializes in J-3 & piper series aircraft, tailorcraft, waco, mostly homebuilt or replica aircraft.

My story & experience. I grew up in a flying family, both parents were pilots, Father was also a commercial pilot and A & P. I joined the military served 8 years as a helicopter mechanic & crewchief, got out, worked as an airframe mechanic in Alaska in my families business. I started a Construction Company and retired after 20 years. I'm 46 years old now and decided to go into the worked I loved, building, repairing & working on airplanes. I combined my experience as a finish carpenter working with wood and as a airframe mechanic and the result is a rare craft, a rare breed as a aviation mechanic that works with wood... I love it. I've helped build many parts and pieces of many types of aircraft. business is good.

So if you have a project Let me do the hard work for you, only need copy of your plans, spec sheets, etc. I will build part, piece or whole, your material or mine. Attention to detail is our specialty. I have a full shop, wood steamer so we can do almost any shape or size. We can work out prices and material to keep your cost down. Let me know what I can do for you.

Sincerely & Happy Building,
Mike Robinson
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back