• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Wanted, the nicest J3 Cub in the country

Jwilsonphoto

Reaction score
I'm looking for a real show stopper. I've done all the projects in my life I care to do and want this one perfect from the start. Ideally a '39 with NC registration, ground up restoration. Will consider later years.

Thanks,

Jim Wilson
214-796-9743 Cell

John Gacnik

Reaction score
Hi Jim, I have a brand new restored 46 J-3 that I have had for 13 years and it was my fathers back in 67'. I have decided I am going to try and sell it to acquire an RV 8. There was no expense spared anywhere on the comlete airframe or engine. It truly is one of the nicest Cubs around and every time I land everybody's jaws hit the ground. I only have 5 hours on it at the present time. I am still chasing one problem that I am having concerning stick pressure when I land, hence why I posted a question on this website. I want to get $48,000 for it and that is firm. I know it's a lot of money, but considering I bought the project back from my dads friend for $500.00 and have about $50,000 in it should tell you how nice it is. Thank John