• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1946 J3C Repair/for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
As earlier promissed in the ad I placed in the "for sale" section of the forums, here's pics of the Cub I have for sale. These pics were taken this morning after unloading it off the trailer. It's not a show piece but a decent average Cub in pretty good shape. I will sell it as is, repaired, or if someone wants a real nice one I can also do a ground up if someone wants to put up the $$$$. This is an early 46' with wood spars that appear to be in good shape, it does have sealed struts, cleveland 700x6's wheels & brakes. Looks like a recent new fuel tank, bottom cowl is pretty bent up but could be straightened out enough to be reused(I will probably replace it), top cowl has a patch from previous crack repair but otherwise in good condition with no damage. Carb,airbox,prop, and oil tank will need to be replaced. Intake spider is good,crank dialed just under .001(perfect by factory new specs). Interior is nice with good seats,slings,floors,etc. There's no wing damage at all but is one minor dent on the leading edge of one wing about the size of a golf ball or a little bigger and appears to be previous rash. All glass is in good condition, door & slider window close up good and tight(much better then most I've seen), door is not warpped like a lot are. There is no wing or aux fuel tank. Paperwork from the 1950's. Also has minor rash spot on top left side of the fuslage birdcage just behind the trailing edge of the wing(I was told it had been flying like this for a while).
I will sell as is for $17,500. Probably will ask low to mid 20's repaired & flying in annual, or around 50k with a ground up restore, 0smoh, show quality bird(or as near as I can make it)......or I will sell my flying cub for $24,500 with a fresh annual and I'll keep this one in place of it. It is a nice flying bird, 1940 J3F that's been converted to a J3C, later model fuslage and later metal spar wings. Average condition, 400ish smoh, lots of damage history,lol. Very good logs documenting everything since day one of its civilian life. Metal prop,etc. Cosmetically decent but could use some cosmetic TLC (especially on the inside). Here's pics of the current project taken today(disassembled). The other pics are of my flying cub.

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

133.jpg

116.jpg

119.jpg

121.jpg

115.jpg

109.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back