• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Update on Air Tech Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaL4

Reaction score
For those of you that may be interested. I got a call from Wilma this morning and they have matched the WW II original color cards that I sent her for Insignia Blue, Insignia White and the Orange-Yellow. She is returning my original cards to me along with some color card samples sprayed with their matching paint.

They are still working on the Olive Drab and Neutral Gray. The are matching the neutral gray to the original WW II fabric samples sent to me by Jim Gray.

I will let you know how the samples look when I receive them.

I found out from Wilma that they no longer use the talc powder to flatten their paint and now provide a flat binder to degloss the pain t. The binder has to be added at a predetermined ratio and cannot be altered. Because of the new binder they cannot achieve a full 100% flat finish like the talc provided and instead the paint is a near flat finish similar to a new factory paint job than a weathered field look.

The epoxy paint they provide is so tough you can clean it with virtually anything without damaging the finish. It can also be wiped down with any of the commercial matte finish protectors like armor all to get rid of bugs and keep them from sticking.

Wilma told me that all of the color formulas they have matched to the WW II color cards and samples will be on file and they can provide the paint.

Steve

Latest posts

Back