• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1943 Color Cards for 613 and 612

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaL4

Reaction score
I finished painting the first two color card samples today for 613 Olive Drab and 612 Medium Green.Tomorrow I will cut them up in to four sample squares measuring 5.5 inches by 4.25 inches. The flat enamel is painted on 140 lb art paper designed for wet media. The back of each card will have a label designating the color and date and book # 2744.

The photo below is of the new cards and was shot indoors this evening, I will try to get some daylight shots tomorrow. Remember these colors are from book No-2744 dated June, 1943 and may not be accurate for 1944 aircraft. The Olive Drab actually has a little more green tint to it in daylight, the indoor lighting makes it appear more brown than it is.

I am sending Paul the first set of both colors for his examination and then will continue with the rest of the colors to make up one complete set containing : 613 Olive Drab, 612 Medium Green, 603 Sea Gray and 614 Orange Yellow.

I was unable to find anyone who could copy the cards well enough so I had a Quart of each color custom mixed from the cards. I have an exact match on the first two and will insure that each following color is also an exact match. I will also include the paint formula with each card.

I think I can cover my cost at $10.00 for a set of 5 colors plus shipping, the paint is the most expensive part of the equation. If enough people want them we can get the cost down even more.

If enough people are interested I will also do the red, white and blue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back