• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Univair Fuel Cap & Float vs Original

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My fuel float cork started disintegrating, causing small cork pieces to build up in the fuel sump valve. So I ordered the Univair Fuel Gauge Assembly and it doesn't fit quite right. It remains secure, but not tightly like the original caps. See the video below. Not sure if I got shipped a lemon, or if my fuel opening is slightly smaller than usual. I'd assume my J3 has the standard size, since both the original fuel gauge and an additional cap both fit great - as shown in video.

I plan on calling Univair tomorrow, debating on just returning their gauge and applying a fresh Shellac coat to the original cork and calling it a day. Has anyone had this issue with the Univair cap not fitting well?

Latest posts

Back