• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

The price of vintage cubs in the next 10 years?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTx

Reaction score
Looking at the cubs on the market today...seems it's now officially in the 30k range for 65hp. I think last year the majority was in the high 20s.

With that said, what do you guys think will be the price of these vintage cubs in the next 10 years? I am most interested in hearing how the prices will be affected by the newer LSA cubs on the market . If Legend can get their base prices around the low 50k for the kit versions, then I think we will have some interesting things to think about in the coming years. Lets see...do you go with a 70+ year old Cub for 30-40k (estimate of standard pricing in 2015+) or do you go with the newer stuff for about 10k more? Lets also remember how much in demand these planes will be once gas prices hit $5.

Not to mention, the ZLIN SAVAGE cub (see below) is also making waves...right now prices are at 50k range for 100hp engine. Perhaps in 10 years it will be in the 40k range.

picture3.jpeg

Latest posts

Back