• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Is anyone around the Denton area looking for a cub partner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinWalton

Reaction score
Like the title says, I am looking for a partner or two, or someone that already has a cub, that is looking for a partner.

I have been looking around for about a year. I have mainly flown a Remos, and a Sport Cruiser, but also have some cub time. I am finishing up my endorsement next week in a 1941 J3 with an 85 in it. I have around 100 hours of total time.

Looking to fly a little cheaper than $100+ per hour. I have an acquaintance down the road from me that just bought a house on a 2500' grass strip, that just happens to have two hangars. He is not a pilot.

I am considering buying one on my own, but I realize that it would be way more economical to have a couple partners. I would also like the experience and knowledge that other partners could share with a first time owner like my self.

If I do buy one on my own, I am thinking of possibly paying cash, well some of my cash, and some of the banks, so I can forego insurance. Is this a crazy idea? I mean, for a $30k plane, I am not sure if it is worth it. Especially with what I hear about what they charge for tailwheel insurance.

Anyways, just wandering if there is anyone in the area that might already be set up that is just looking for a partner. Or someone else looking to join forces and share costs.

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back