• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Source for spark plug Helicoil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybolt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was annual day, also known as Helicoil pull out time. My mechanic didn't get the memo saying not to use the graphite based plug lube and sure enough one plug backed the Helicoil out on the c85-12. Does anyone know where to find a replacement coil? I googled c85-12 spark plug Helicoil and got zero hits. i don't want to have to pay $1700 for a aviation coil installation toolkit so I'm also hoping someone can recommend less expensive install tools.
I did read on this forum that bushings can be inserted and staked. Will they screw in where the Helicoil was or must it be drilled out bigger and retapped? Where can I find the bushings?
Grateful for the help!
blue skies

Latest posts

Back