• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

So whats your story?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

39-J3

Reaction score
In 1987 fresh out of high school I took a job in Washinton state north west of Spokane. A good friend of mine at work had a skydiving school based next to Silverwood theme park. While we were loading up in a Cessna 180 getting ready for what would be several jumps made that day, a J-3 cub flew in and taxied out of the way. The pilot and his wife got out with a picnic basket had lunch and was watching us jump out of a perfectly good aircraft. When we were back on the ground I went over to check out this little cub. The owner of it took me up in it the following weekend and let me have the controlls, from that day on I had it as one of my goals in life to get my PPL and own a cub. I moved back to Maine in 1989 and met my lovely wife we had our Daughter in 1991 when the construction industry had crashed. There was no more spending money on skidiving or racing motorcycles, the toys had to go. We made it through the great depression of the mid 90's and in 2001 my wife enrolled me into the local flight school for Christmas, Maine Instrument Flight. In early spring of 2002 I passed my check ride and a year ago this month I took ownership a 1939 J-3 Cub. My family is healthy and I own a cub. Dreams Do Come True.....

That's my story
Larry.

Latest posts

Back