• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Rocker Covers

Victor Hotel

Reaction score
Anybody know of a source for new rocker covers for a C-85?

I have Millenium cylinders with the rocker covers in a gold finish (unfortunately stamped Millenium).

I would quite like to replace them with covers similarly finished but stamped Continental.

Trawled the internet but cant find a supplier.

Any ideas?

Chris

bob turner

Reaction score
Get used ones. Probably a dozen in the hangar at your local airport. They were used on A-65 through O-300 - or maybe about half the aircraft engines ever manufactured for light aircraft. Look for excessive wear at the rocker arm dowel location, and for ground-off words - they weaken the steel a bit.

RolsCub

Reaction score
Hello from Massachusetts,

Chief Aircraft Parts is an authorized Continental Distributor and has Factory new A-65, 75, 85 Valve Covers. The new valve covers come out of the box cadmium plated (gold). Chief will have them Chrome plated for you if requested. Chrome plating doubles the price. Chief also stocks the nice thick orange silicon valve cover gaskets as well.

I am very satisfied with the customer service they provide. Go to WWW.ChiefAircraft.Com for more information. They stock a lot more than the web site shows. A telephone call will get you more information. Their telephone is 800-447-3408.

Rollie at 9B1
NC3336N Driver

Victor Hotel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

I have some old pattern ones in the hangar (without the returned edge) but would like the new pattern.

Will try calling Chief.

Thanks

Latest posts