• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Replacing broken front brake pedal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarandOwner

Reaction score
Well I had an unusual failure on my last flight. I was taking a friend for a flight, so I was flying from the front, and as I was taxiing down my hangar row I gave full right rudder/brake to position in front of my hangar, and I felt my heal go to the floor. Turns out my front brake pedal failed at the weld between the arm link and the pedal crossmember (see picture below). I was going through some of the other threads where some state it is impossible to remove the floor boards when the plane is fully covered.... is it really not possible to replace the front brake pedals other than removing the boot cowl and cutting through the fabric?? Only other option I see would be to cut through the floor board and splice a new board back in.

I rarely fly from the front, so if the pedal replacement is too involved, I may just not worry replacing until the next recover

Attachments

• CUB PEDAL.JPG
    CUB PEDAL.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back