• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Our PA-11 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA11

Reaction score
First I wanted to thank all of you guys for all your collective Cub expertise. I've been reading a lot more than posting and it's been a tremendous amount of excellent information that's made our project move very well.

We acquired our project at the end of summer in 2012 and have been putting in a lot of good hours on our project, my father-in-law putting in 10 times as much as I do, as our Cub sits in his hangar a few hundred miles away from my home.

Today was a big day for us as we put the wings on as we prepare to prep her for covering. After a good amount of learning the mechanics of lengthening one strut and shrinking another, we were able to get the right amount of washout and dihedral in that satisfied our eyes just as much as the protractor.

Once she's covered and painted, we're planning on overhauling the C-90-8F ourselves, and hope that she's not hiding too many surprises for us. After that, we're bringing her down south closer to my home where I can't wait to take my duties and responsibilities as a member of the Dawn Patrol seriously.

Latest posts

Back