• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New owner eyebrow question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All!

So my new to me 1940 Cub has these fiberglass eyebrows. One side is way higher over the plug wires than the other. They kind of remind me of The Rock’s famous eyebrow lift expression. My question is: Are these things even remotely legal. I have no idea when they were installed other than an entry in the 60’s regarding “installed new baffles” and that’s about it. This plane has had an engine removed for overhaul at least 4 times since the log entry. it’s hard to believe no one has had issue with them.

I have searched and found reference to others reporting fiberglass eyebrows on this forum, but no real evidence as to where they might have come from. They look to be chopped fiberglass with aluminum mounts. Mounted on an A65.

Any help, advice or interesting fact would be greatly appreciated.

View media item 3632View media item 3631

Latest posts

Back