• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Made some progress today, boot cowl fit great!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubrath

Reaction score
Got the boot cowl fit today. I had some help and it went very well. I ended up using rivnuts and I think that was the right decision. It also made it very easy to install the boot cowl. All I did was fit the boot cowl, panel, made sure that the windshield strip fit nice and put the windshield in place. Then with everything clamped in place is took a sharpened 6/32 screw and put it in from the back side. When it poked out I gave the boot cowl a little tap from the outside and it left a perfectly centered punch to drill the hole. Every hole fit perfect except for the one that I forgot to drill! :D I did end up with a slight gap of about 1/16 of an inch where the panel met the cowl at about the 10 o'clock position but other than that everything fit perfect. Good job Univair!

Cub 1.jpg

Cub 2.jpg

Cub 3.jpg

cub 5.jpg

Cub 1.jpg

Cub 2.jpg

Cub 3.jpg

cub 5.jpg

Latest posts

Back