• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Gaposis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
I've hung the engine, and disovered my engine bolts are about one eigth tooooo short. Castle nut come out even with end of bolt...drill a new cotter hole?? Or, YIKES! Replace the engine bolts now that everything is put together??

Also, I've done an intitial install of my Univair cowlings. They are gorgeous, but I wasn't expecting quiet at much gap aroung the boot cowl. The top cowling sits up off the Boot cowl about even with the height of the fuel cap. Is that any where near normal. I can't really tell from the gallery pix.

I'll attach some pix later and see what you all think.

Nothing is easy on these airplanes.

Latest posts

Back