• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Legend Visit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Last Friday while we were attending the National Model A Ford Meet in Addison, TX, I finally talked my wife into going over to Sulphur Springs to visit Legend Aircraft. She did not want to tour an airplane factory, despite how supportive she has been of my flying for so many years.

We were greeted by Kurt Sehnert and Darin Hart, and then Charlie took us on a tour. There were not many people at work, because most of the crew work four ten hour days, and have Friday off. The people we did see all explained what they were doing, and the pride of workmanship was obvious. These people carefully build an aircraft that is very close to a Piper J3, with a few improvements.

One of the things I wanted to find out was how the entry compares with a Piper J3. As can be seen in the picture below, I managed to get in the front seat of their Texas Sport, but I did not consider it easier than getting into the rear of my J3. Once in place, of course, there is more room, and the interior is very attractive. We saw several variations of instrument panels, and they all looked good, not gaudy, and right at home in the near J3.

After my wife saw the care, pride and quality that goes into the Legend Cubs, she was all questions at lunch. She now understands why guys like myself, who aren't getting any younger, get to the point that we are ready for easier access, more comfort, the reliability of "new", and perhaps most of all, key start; no hand prop! She finally said "You should have asked for a demo flight."

The Legend Cubs are even better looking in both design and quality than I expected. Class shows, and I believe the Legend folks have it.
Chuck Shaw

7727AddFittingsToFuselage.jpg

7730readytopaint.jpg

7731TailFeathers.jpg

7740DropInTxSport.jpg

7727AddFittingsToFuselage.jpg

7730readytopaint.jpg

7731TailFeathers.jpg

7740DropInTxSport.jpg

Latest posts

Back