• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Lack of cooperation from factories and faa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renkou1

Reaction score
At many places on the site I read about changes to cubs and engines that can not be done or done anymore because the powers will no longer take responsibility for old service letters and old data.
No more changing A 65's to 75's. No field approvals of the simplest kinds.
Once upon a time -- 4 years ago -- I bought an aircraft with 7 undocumented major alterations. I knew about most of them from the start. Alternator on generator ac, one piece windshild replacing two piece, venturis, cleveland wheels on goodyear equipment listed ac, slick mags, etc...etc; all without 337's or field approvals.
Figured I was way ahead because the parts were improvements and paperwork is cheaper than parts.
Other unmodified parts of the ac were unairworthy too. I paid little for the ac and the paperwork was cheaper than parts.
When I sent a letter of complaint to FAA about the A&P/I.A. who had done all this improperly documented work the reply was, "What do you expect us to do about it."
I thought they might discuss it with the I.A. who had signed the annual 10 hours before my purchase and convince him to do proper maintenance and paperwork in the future.
So in the light of this and other indifference by the FAA and factories that have discontinued any kind of support (as stated by a service letter) why are we worried about converting a A65 to an A 75 using proper data and proper parts. If your 65 puts out 75 hp and makes you safer why do we care about what some indifferent organization cares. Yes I know; I might wake them up.
I they put me on the 'no fly list' I don't have to have anymore full body scans.

Back