• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

L4 Elevator Bell Crank Cover & Bell Crank Cover end plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

43-491

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be one of the unanswered questions regarding L-4s, how does the Bell Crank Cover End Plate attach to the Bell Crank Cover? The only drawing of the rear seat assembly that I know (see attached) shows all the parts, but doesn't show or otherwise indicate how the plate attaches to the cover. I have yet to find any original photo's of this area.

In the attached drawing: Figure 9 is 50871 - Plate - Elevator Bell Crank Cover End
Figure 13 is 50811 - Cover- Elevator Bell Crank

Some suggest that wood formers are attached to the inside of the Cover, and Plate attaches to the wood. But the drawing or PN listing doesn't suggest this. Some say the plate isn't needed and leave it off. I think it helps protects the bell crank, and stiffens the cover.

Is there a drawing available for 50871? I have no idea of the dimensions of or material used for this plate.

Can you guys with L-4s post some pictures of how yours is set up?

Much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

- Dave

IMG_8135.JPG

IMG_8135.JPG

Back