• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Differences in Original Piper Inspection Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaL4

Reaction score
Good Morning Guys,

I am going thru some stuff stored here at home left over from several different restoration projects including inspection covers. I remember replacing the ones that were on the J-4E that I restored with newer recessed ones but don't remember which ones I removed. I have domed plates 2 and 4 prong, flat slotted and not slotted with 4 prongs but no two prong slotted covers. The later model domed plates are easy to spot as much later generic types but have been unable to find any info on what the prewar, during war and post war original inspection covers looked like. I am going to keep any original plates that I have and dispose of the rest.

I would appreciate any information, pictures or drawings of old original Piper plates to help me figure out what I have here..

Thanks
Best Regards,
Steve

Latest posts

Back