• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

46' J-3C Fuselage Dimensions (Angles and hard point measurements ) ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnandchadj3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do I find the Cub Fuselage blueprint measurements?
I'm restoring a J-3 and some of the Parts have been replaced on the Fuselage like the Birdcage and the tail section ( from the elevator jack screw aft) by a previous person/s !
There are some bits and pieces missing from this project that will need to be ordered or located.
So I'm wanting for everything to fit like it should before I start the covering process !
I noticed the inspection plate hold-down brackets that expose the elevator turnbuckles were never welded in place (as they can be added on at the stage) .
After viewing a few pictures of the airframe, the top longerons run straight towards the tail post !
Now, where the back tail section has been spliced onto the fuselage just forward of the jack screw station , it takes a two (2) degrees negative angle compared to the top longeron !
This maybe correct but I have my doubts since (here is the Kicker)! After getting the fuselage leveled per Piper service Memo #5 , I checked the back horizonal stabilizer mounting
bracket and it was 2.8 Degrees down on the right side! Now this bird is beginning to look like a wounded Duck after being shot !

Any and all suggestion will be very much appreciated !

Thanks/ John

Latest posts

Back