• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J3 Wing Details

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moving2time

Reaction score
Still going over my wing and frame and as I dig up more reference materials I find more questions. Here are a couple I hope you guys and gals can help me with for now.
1. Can someone post photos of how the aileron cables are routed through the wing and around the pulleys just in the pulley area? It would be best if these photos were taken before the wing was covered.
2. Also photos of how the cable goes up the front lift strut through the pulley that appears to be mounted to the lift strut outside the wing and eventually gets to the aileron?
3. I also need photos of the routing and details through the covering after the wing is covered. I have the “all metal wing” with the "H" shaped drag strut located “next” to the rib. I have seen drawings of the rib located “between” the legs of the "H" strut on some drawings. I don't know what models had what configuration or when the configuration changed. Mine build date is June of 46.
4. Does the Bottom leg of the "H" Drag Strut extend below the plane of the covering? If so how is the fabric installed over this strut? I'm shocked that they distort the airfoil with this member. Perhaps photos of this would help also.
5. Where should I take my C-75 engine for a once over? I was told that it has been rebuilt but I don't trust the seller and there is no log entry but then it was never installed back onto the frame. Cleveland, OH area.
I think I have figured out most of the rest of the wing. More to come regarding the fuselage. Thank you all for any help you can provide. Joe B, KLPR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back