• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J2 Wings Covered and Painted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbjr

Bill Batson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been racing the cold weather trying to finish the J2 wings thru color and finally made it today. Used polyfiber system and polytone Diana cream. I sprayed the color paint using their slow drying reducer which has retarded added. Kept the temp around 60 degrees and it worked terrific.

Very nice shine for polytone and used very little paint with the turbine system I have had for 25 years. Less than two gallons of Diana cream were used for both wings. No I'm serious.......................the turbine system has virtually no overspray and wastes very little paint.

I was very worried about the chalk lines showing through after KAP mentioned that. I was careful to wipe as much chalk off with wax & grease remover after the stitching was done and everything went fine. No chalk lines showing through.

Third covering job I have done with polyfiber and polytone and I highly recommend it. So much better than razorback that I used to use.

Thanks for looking

Bill

100_4769.jpg

100_4770.jpg

Latest posts

Back