• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Is a PA11 $20k better than J3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jclisham

Reaction score
Strange question (maybe). I've never flown a PA11, but have a J3. I'm looking to buy one or the other. There's no PA11s anywhere near me for sale or that I know of to 'try on'.

With that said, let's say a pristine PA11 lists for about $50K and a pristine J3 w/ A65 lists for about $30k. The question is simple. Is the PA11 really $20k 'better' in your opinion? I know you get a more powerful engine, wing tank, front row solo, etc.

The front row solo does appeal to me along with the C90.. Just trying to logically think about the $20k extra expense (that's a lot of gas and hanger fees). Or maybe that's my problem....airplanes aren't logical! :)

Latest posts

Back