• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Grove Wheels rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkipB

Reaction score
Ok maybe I am expecting to much but here goes.

1. I call Grove wheels to order a set of wheels and brakes only to be told there is a 6 week waiting list to get them. I want the wheels so I give them my card number, address, email and phone number.

2. I check back at 5 weeks and they tell me the wheels aren't in yet, so I say ok and figure they will get them the next week.

3. I call the next week and they tell me the wheels aren't in yet, now I did want aluminum wheels for a reason but they say they don't have any. I ask "well will you have any in 2018". This goes right over the ladys head and she says "sure I think so". I say well ok and hang up.

4. I call the next week and she says nope no wheels yet but if you want magnesium wheels we can ship them tomorrow. I say ok get them ready and I will have the bank up the limit on my card to 2K and you can run my card tomorrow.

5. I call the next day and tell them to run my card and ship my wheels. My wife is a banker and she comes home and says nope they didn't run the card today.

6. I call the next day and the lady says we tried to run the card but it was over the limit. I reply when did you try to run it. She says right before we went hone yesterday. I tell her as politely as I can that 5 pm in El Cajon Calif is 8 pm in Georgia and the card window closed at 5 pm EST and to PLEASE run the card tomorrow and get my wheels on the way.

7. Well I tell the wife to keep an eye on my account, she calls me at 2 our time and says they still haven't run the card yet. I call Grove and tell them to please run the card and the little lady says "we will".

8. At 4:30 the wife calls and says they still haven't run the card, I call Grove and the lady says we will run it today. I told her NO you WILL run it now and call me back to confirm. At 4:50 my wife says they just ran the card, at 5 pm Grove calls and says the card ran fine. I said I know and since its 2 pm in California will my wheels ship today. The lady says yes I think so. I ask for a tracking number and she says I will send it to you.

9. The next day is Thursday and I call and ask when will my wheels ship and the lady says today. I say OK

10. Friday morning I check NO TRACKING NUMBER. I call Grove at 9 their time and ask will my wheels ship today? The lady says yes so I ask to please send me a tracking number. Well here it is Sat night no tracking number and I have no idea about my wheels.

So my question is am I expecting to much or does Grove not give a damn about their customers. I know I am old school when we bought and sold land on a handshake and a house mortgage was done on 2 sheets of paper but I wonder how they stay in business if I am the rule and not the exception

Latest posts

Back