• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Inspecting new ELTs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff J

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is actually testing is “required” in the USA for annual inspections? This is the first of the new ELTs I have seen. I downloaded the manual and there is no way for me to perform some of the tests called out. Attenuators, RF enclosures and equipment for measuring modulation and frequency are items I have only seen in avionics shops. I also have to jumper a couple of pins or obtain a “G-switch loop test connector fixture” before activating it with the fake pass. This particular one is an Artex 345. They also recommend using www.406test.com during annual inspections. I haven’t looked at that yet.

Latest posts

Back