• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

VHF-5T antenna and Artex 345 ELT install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3heavyjr

Reaction score
Just thought I would contribute a few pictures of my installation of the VHF-5T antenna and the Artex 345 ELT. The VHF-5 will be connected to a Yaesu 550 handheld for comms. I am contemplating using the DRE D-205E intercom with the handheld and two David Clark H10-13S stereo headsets. I would love to hear anyone's comments about either my installation or the intercom I am thinking about buying. Now, on to the pictures:

First picture is of the Artex 345 mounted to a stainless steel plate. I used various sizes of adel type clamps to connect the plate to the fuselage tubing under the rear seat. I also used a couple of clamps to hold the coax cable running to the antenna, the ground wire for everything and the two wires that run to the remote switch. The coax is not hooked up yet and I still need to finish the serial port style connection for the ground, buzzer and remote switch function that hooks to the ELT itself. The buzzer is mounted right in front of the ELT on the same plate.

Second picture is just the remote switch for the ELT. I can reach under the rear seat to activate it with the switch on the main body or use the remote switch.

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0843.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back