• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Had a surprise yesterday in work ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifinella

Premium Member
Reaction score
Right before lunch yesterday at work my bossed called me into his office with a short stern authoritative voice, then ask me to shut the door. Well you know that " O-sh!t" feeling you get in the pit of your stomach on takeoff with a full loaded fuel tank on a 90+ hot day from a short grass strip with 50 foot trees at the end. Well it was there. Expecting I really "screwed the pooch" on some project, I sat down in the chair next to his desk along with a very deep tense breath, ready to hear when he was about to say ....

He started by telling me how much the company appreciated my hard work on a military project we were doing and the patent that was applied for based on my design I did for the company. He add that the General Manager wanted to show me his appreciation and the companies too, and will be seeing me after lunch ... pretty cool, right.

So after lunch the GM called me into his office and told me this was a little something to say thank you for my work and handed me a bright red Verizon bag. Reaching into it and taking out the brilliant pure white slick cellophane wrapped box inside, and looking at the picture so colorfully displayed on the front of what the box contained ...... with a gasp and a whispered "0-my!!!!". It took a few seconds to sink in that it was a brand new WiFi+4G, 64GB, built-in GPS chip, newest generation, iPad with all the bells and whistles in black! He said he heard me talking about it and how I would use it for flying and how cool using the ForeFlight App's was with its moving GPS and maps and airport info, flight planing, weather, etc. ..... sweet! I was so emotional overcome with joy, I could not stop saying thank you, thank you, thank you. I think I almost got the " vapors"! ... LOL!

Yesterday was a great day! Today even better. Just wanted to share with everyone here. So, now to download ForeFlight Pro!

Any help with setting up ForeFlight on my new iPad from anyone the has the experience using it for local flying, would be very much welcome an appreciated.

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann

Back