• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Farewell my friends...I'm Cub-less now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTx

Reaction score
Hi folks,
About two weeks ago I sold my Cub to a flight school in New Hampshire. I picked up the ferry pilot at the San Antonio airport, drove him to a grass strip where he jumped in the Cub and began the long low level flight to New Hampshire. Took him about 3 days and a total of around 25hrs. Flew with an iphone, a sack full of crackers and water, and a sleeping bag.

It was sad to watch the plane make her last takeoff from the strip. I’ll buy another J3 in the future, but for now, I am looking at a straight tail Cessna 172 (1957). Anyone have any experience in those? I am currently a sport pilot but will be going for my private pilot in the coming weeks (got my 3rd class medical out of the way).

I’ll be moving to St. Louis in about two weeks for a new job and I see there’s a real nice grass strip (H49) not too far from the office. It was either I was assigned to DC or St. Louis. I figured flying is better in Missouri and it’s not too far from family in Texas.

Any cubbers in the St. Louis area? Would love to fly a Cub again in the near future.

It has been a hell of an adventure in everything from searching for a Cub to buy, learning to fly with her, and traveling the state meeting all kinds of interesting people along the way. The journey was always better than the destination.

I’ll check in from time to time. Keep the dirty side down!

lastcub2.jpg

lastcub3.jpg

lastcub2.jpg

lastcub3.jpg

Latest posts

Back